Data: A Love Story - Applying the Methodology

So I've decided to try this and see if it works (without the expensive glow up). I started with my list and ratings. Try not to judge me, as I tried to not judge Amy Webb, the author of the book. We all have things we want, things we don't want, and things that cause penalty points, but aren't a deal breaker.

So...here goes...and I changed names or used nicknames to try to preserve at least SOME anonymity for the guys.

Ms. Webb's requirements and scoring showed that she required at least 700 points before she would waste time on an actual date.  However, her point system only had a maximum possible of 1550 points. Mine has 2192. So I'll have to reevaluate the number required for a date, as some of these things would be clear until after a few dates, if not more (such as whether or not he likes my family, and vice versa).


Top Tier Traits Rating
Kind 100
Smart 99
Funny 98
Liberal 97
Not Religious 96
Not a Narcissist 95
Loves My Pets 94
Travel 93
Nerd Stuff  92
Loves being outside 91
Good Job and Decent Income 90
Accepts my Career Choice 89
Low Debt 88
Loves TV/Movies 86
Likes My Family 85
Family Likes him 85
Second Tier Traits
Recognizes my job's importance 50
Attractive 49
Loves Animals 48
Lives Independently 47
Great in Bed 46
REDACTED 45
Reads and Has Favorite Book 44
Loves Food 43
Drinks Alcohol 42
Prefers City/Burbs over Country living 40
Height between 5'7" and 6'2" 39
Makes more $ than me 38
IU Fan 37
Colts Fan 36
Basic Repair Skills 31
Loves Atari/NES/SNES/Arcade Games 30
REDACTED 25
Spends less time getting ready than me 24
Negatives
Plays Video Games Too Much -25
Narcissist -100
Works out too much -50
Dieting all the time -50
Patriots Fan  -20
Yankees Fan -20
Smokes -25
Has kids -20
Total Possible 2192

From what I know of Chris Evans (from twitter/interviews/press tours/etc, so with a grain of salt), he scores an initial score of 1018. My ex-husband scores a 769 (tough look for me to not have seen that), law school boyfriend was a bit above that, and my most recent somewhat serious relationship, DC guy, scored a 1313. Now that's a great score, but...what he was missing were BIG ones. Regardless, it's good to note that you can't just rely on numbers. Chemistry and other things are obviously big, but this is a good jumping off point to keep from wasting time on guys that just don't have enough in common.

My next task is to adjust my dating profiles and implement the scoring system. I'll post another update when I've had some time to see some results (or lack thereof). Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Data: A Love Story - Review

Shopping Ban...Day 23

Letting Go...Finally?